Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I miss my cat!" Prayer request!


Last Tuesday night (9/11), we had a fun little get-t0gether for Jonathan's birthday, at my place. For the first time since my roommates and I moved in to our new place, it was cool enough to open up the windows and turn the air off. A not so well taken care of rental, some of the house windows have screens and some do not. We opened up the ones with screens and simply cracked the ones that did not...or so I thought. Unfortunately, one window was accidentally left open, and my beloved house-cat, Viktor, escaped from it. I noticed his absence around 11pm.

Since Viktor is, as my roommate said, "like my child", I am naturally quite upset. I pretty much go to class, go to internship, and then come home and search for my kitty. I've set up 2 rented humane traps every night since Day 2 of the escape, and our front porch reeks of fish. I've crawled under neighbors' houses and through their underbrush, etc.

It's been over a week now, and hopefully he will get hungry, and braver, and come out from wherever he is hiding.

Please pray for him to be safe and for him to find his way back home or into one of my traps. And pray that I can keep a hopeful outlook, and stay positive.

Thanks, friends...it means a lot to me.

No comments: